IS Support Technician (4 Months)
INFORMATION SYSTEMS (IS) USER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
INFORMATION SYSTEMS UNIT
Reports to: Systems Administrator
Directly supervises: NA
The IS Technician supports the day to day operations of the Court’s information technology hardware and software, server applications, PCs and desktop applications, laptops, scanners, printers and other accessories.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides IT support during court proceedings;
- Sets up and deploys new PCs to users;
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment;
- Troubleshoots user issues in an AS/400 environment;
- Makes repairs and corrections where required;
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software;
- Communicates with hardware and software vendors;
- Searches, evaluates, recommends and makes requisition for IT software, hardware and services;
- Assists staff in setting up computer equipment for demos, workshops and meetings;
- Creates, maintains, documents and implements procedures for user training manuals;
- Trains end users in the use of hardware and software;
- Manages e-mail account creation, mailbox quotas and accessibility issues;
- Configures and troubleshoots mobile handsets and tablets; and
- Configures, installs and troubleshoots CISCO IP handsets.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware and software.
- Experience in a Windows 2008/2012 networking environment.
- Ability to setup and troubleshoot projection systems including, overhead projectors, interfaces with MS PowerPoint and other presentation programmes.
- Experience in training end users in the use of software.
- Experience with supporting end user VOIP issues.
- Experience with working in a virtual server environment.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in connectivity and communications protocols.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including a high degree of attention to data accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to organize time, work on multiple tasks, and follow through to completion of tasks or projects.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and effective communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be self-motivated and a strong team player.
Minimum Training and Experience
- A recognised diploma/associate degree in computer science or related field.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Knowledge of a court system, case flow management and legal terminology will be an asset.
Salary Band 3: US$1,800 – US$2,500 (free of tax)
Résumés must be submitted via email to –
no later than Friday 27th December 2013, at 4:00 p.m.