Temporary Position of Accounting Assistant – (5 Months)
Reports To: Senior Accounting Assistant and Financial Comptroller
Directly Supervises: NA
Position Objective: The Accounting Assistant will be required to perform a variety of accounting activities related to the payment and receipt of cash and cash equivalents, reconciliations and pension processes. The Accounting Assistant is also expected to apply a working knowledge of applicable accounting standards.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs arithmetic calculations, classifies, records, and reconciles transactions into the Court’s and Commission’s financial accounting systems.
- Assembles documents for computer input and verifies accuracy of itemized charges and account numbers.
- Assists in the compilation of reports.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, and updating.
- Responds to inquiries and checks accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases and statistical packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Assists in maintaining proper pension records of individual membership data.
- Assists in ensuring the timely collection and deposit of pension contributions from the Court, Commission and the Members.
- Performs reconciliations of employee and employer contributions to the Court’s pension database.
- Maintains proper records of Members’ salaries and contributions details.
- Maintains proper records of membership movements in and out of the Plan and between different groups of Members of the Plan (Active Members, Deferred Pensioners, Pensioners, etc).
- Provides information to members and produces statements, as stipulated.
- Performs any other related duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to assist with the preparation budgets, financial reports, statements and projections.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to have effective working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written).
- Good organizational skills.
- Competent in the Microsoft Office Suite of programmes (including Word and Excel).
- Competent in the use of various accounting software packages
- Knowledge of Dynamics software will be an asset.
- Must have a high level of energy and drive.
- Performs duties with limited supervision.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- ACCA Level 2 or equivalent and currently pursuing a formal professional accounting qualification.
- Three (3) years related work experience required.
- Experience in the use of accounting software applications, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Any other equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
Salary Band 2: US$1,791 – US$2,200 per month (free of tax)
Application Forms can be downloaded and submitted via fax, email or at the CCJ Offices.
They must be delivered by hand to:
The Human Resources Unit
134 Henry Street
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago
or by fax to The Human Resources Unit: (868) 624-2256
or scanned and emailed: email@example.com
Download the application form here.
Deadline for submissions is
Wednesday 23rd January 2013, at 4:00 p.m.
For further information, contact the Human Resources Unit
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone – (868) 623 2225 (ext 2221)