Court Human Resources Assistant (Human Resources Unit)
Applications are now closed
Reports To: Deputy Court Executive Administrator
Directly Supervises: NA
Position Objective: The Court Human Resources Assistant reports to the Deputy Court Executive Assistant and maintains the official records of the Unit and executes administrative policies and procedures in accordance with the policies set by the CCJ.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs a wide variety of advanced secretarial and administrative duties as required by the daily operations of the team.
- Co-ordinates office activities and schedules, and recommends and develops procedures and systems to ensure smooth office operations.
- Maintains a manual and electronic filing system of correspondence, reports, circulars, of a confidential nature, and any other relevant records.
- Assists in the organization and co-ordination of the daily schedule of the Court Human Resources Officer and the Deputy Court Executive Administrator, and in the follow-up and maintenance of appointments, meetings, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of official correspondence, status reports, procedure/policy documents, plans and budgets.
- Conducts research as required by the Court HR Officer and team members, and keeps abreast of general HR trends and precedents, while assisting the Unit in delivering on strategic goals and objectives.
- Prepares first draft responses to letters, general correspondence/memoranda, e-mails and reports on routine matters.
- Co-ordinates orientation sessions, meetings, prepares agendas, attends meetings, records minutes and circulates as required.
- Co-ordinates follow-up on assignments given to team members by the Deputy Court Executive Administrator and provides written status reports on same.
- Performs any other related duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Human Resources policies and practices.
- Knowledge of the functions of the CCJ, as well as the rules and regulations of the Court.
- High level of organizational skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform clerical duties of an administrative nature, as well as secretarial duties.
- Ability to observe and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must have a high level of energy and drive.
- Ability to build trust, credibility and effective working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task with ease.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of programmes, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Minimum Training and Experience
- An Undergraduate degree in management, public administration or a relateddiscipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Any other equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
Salary Band 2: US$1,950 to US$2,240 per month (free of tax)
Applications must be made on the prescribed application form, which may be downloaded here or may be faxed to applicants on request to the Regional Judicial and Legal Services Commission at (868) 623-2225, Ext 2241.
Applications may be accompanied by a curriculum vitae and any other information which the candidate may consider necessary and must be sent to the offices of:
Regional Judicial and Legal Services Commission
134 Henry Street
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday 15 December, 2010
Applications which are submitted electronically will be acknowledged in the same manner.
Application forms may be downloaded from the Commission’s website at the following links: